Question

Unsupported font Family

• 5 February 2020
  • 5 replies

Badge +9

Hello FME Support,

Is there any news on the 'Unsupported Font Issue' in the PDFWriter?

https://knowledge.safe.com/questions/2007/unsupported-font-family-message.html

We need to be able to read DWG drawings in a range of True Type Fonts but it keeps failing and reverting to Helvetica when writing to PDF.

5 replies

Badge +10

Hi @deanhowell,

Unfortunately, there is no update about fonts being supported by the PDF Writer. As mentioned in the post you linked to, it is a known issue - FMEENGINE-37316.

I've linked this Q&A to our internal issue, so we'll be sure to update you here when it is supported.

- Andrea

Badge +9

Hi @deanhowell,

Unfortunately, there is no update about fonts being supported by the PDF Writer. As mentioned in the post you linked to, it is a known issue - FMEENGINE-37316.

I've linked this Q&A to our internal issue, so we'll be sure to update you here when it is supported.

- Andrea

Thanks @andreaatsafe, I appreciate the update and work around advice in the other ticket.

Badge +9

Hi @deanhowell,

- Andrea

Hello again @andreaatsafe, is there a list of supported fonts?

Badge +9

Hi @deanhowell,

- Andrea

Hello @andreaatsafe, I think this could be a permission issue with regards to the windows fonts directory.

If I have the writer pointing directly to C:\\Windows\\Fonts then I get the following:

If I copy a couple of the fonts I am trying to use into their own folder, I get the following:

Our C: Drive is locked down so that people can't write to it, but doesn't fully explain what is happening in the first image where FME is trying to read the fonts, even fonts not being used.

I am getting out IT to see if they can install my additional fonts with extra privileges and will see if that fixes the issue in any way.

Is it possible to find out what sort of permissions FME needs for the Fonts directory?

Userlevel 4
Badge +25

I'm running into the same problem, albeit on Mac, which is rather annoying as I really want to use a specific font. Any news on this?