Question

Removing one side of a bounded rectangle in a polyline dataset

Badge

Hi everyone,

I'm in the process of creating a dataset that shows the painted lines for parking spaces in a parking lot.

I've been using Bounds Splitter and Geometry Coercer to generate a grid of parking spaces along two rows of parking. However, I'd like the individual parking spaces to reflect the actual painted lines on the pavement. That is, instead of having a closed rectangle correspond to a parking space, I'd like to create a polyline dataset where only the three sides of the rectangle that correspond to the actual location of the paint on the pavement appear.

For example, I'm interested in removing the portion of the line that is touching the red arrow in the attached screenshot. Any ideas how to remove this portion of the line?

Thanks!

Jenna

3 replies

Badge +3

You could create an area feature for the whole of the adjacent parking lots and use a SpatialFilter to filter those lines that do not share a common boundary.

Another option would be to use a LineOnLineOverlayer combined with the area and filter those features that only have a single _overlap (i.e. itself).

Badge +22

Instead of coercing the results of the BoundsSplitter, send them to a TopologyBuilder.

Test your edges to see if either the left or right face are the universe polygon (0).

Note that you will have to treat the corner spots as a special case, since they are a single feature for both the long and short edges.
Userlevel 2
Badge +17

I would directly create required lines from a base line with vector operations.

Gray: Base Line, Green: Left, Red: Right