Question

Newbie - Split Access table's fields to add transformers on specific fields

• 9 October 2019
  • 5 replies
  • 1 view

Badge

As question title mention it, I would like to split an Access table's fields to be able to connect transformers on several fields in order to achieve date formating.

I've been able to connect one field (DConseil) but I wonder how to connect specific transformers on the others date fields and let them work simultaneously, if it's possible.

I've tried several times to redirect features through spliting, filtering, testing, and so on but I'm certainly thinking the wrong way.

To keep it simple : how can I achieve a "routing" before adding transformers on each ports.

Sorry for any duplicate but I didn't find any valuable answer to my problem for now.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Pierre.

5 replies

Badge

I'm not certain I fully understand what you're trying to do, but try using a TestFilter rather than just a tester. A tester only allows you to perform one test, whereas a TestFilter allows you to perform multiple conditional tests & to set up multiple output ports within a single transformer.

You can also explore the AttributeFilter and AttributeManager transformers.

Badge +16

Hi @acusig,

The data read into the workspace contains all the attributes, if you need to transform one attribute, you don't need to split the table and keep that single attribute.

For example if you need to convert a date attribute, you can read the table features and use a transformer (DateTimeConverter) to convert the attribute values of that specific attribute you set the transformer for:

I hope this makes sense.

Itay

Badge

Thank you for your answers @itay and @bwasserstein, but I do apologize, my question was a bit unclear.

TestFilter is close to the solution but allows only one IF statement where I need multiple ones.

I placed another schema here under to be more explicit. "Direct connections" try to mimic the way I would adress a specific transformer to a specific field.

Badge +16

Thank you for your answers @itay and @bwasserstein, but I do apologize, my question was a bit unclear.

TestFilter is close to the solution but allows only one IF statement where I need multiple ones.

I placed another schema here under to be more explicit. "Direct connections" try to mimic the way I would adress a specific transformer to a specific field.

Have a look at the AttributeCreator or AttributeManager for conditional statements (If else than...)

Badge

Thanks @itay, AttributeManager with conditional statements seems to do the tricks.

Have a nice day gentlemen, you make mine !