Question

Calculating percentage of a value based on background colour

• 28 February 2020
  • 3 replies

Badge +13

Calculating percentage of a value based on amount of value of colour

Could i ask ,

one attribute has 4 different names with different back ground color.

in same attribute one of this with colour called exist (yellow colour) and the second called exist with no colour

and third called half only exist with no colour and fourth not used with blue color

so could i calculate the percentage of values depends on background color , is it possible

bcs i have one name with background colour and another without background colour so i can not depend on the name

for each field name ,sure it has different distances so i should sum every distance for each field and make a percentage

i know,that i can use expression evaluator to calculate the percentage but i am not sure how can i do that ,depend on the background color.

FME 2018

Thanks for help

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +25
It would really help us if you would be able to supply some sample data.
Badge +13
It would really help us if you would be able to supply some sample data.

Thanks for replying

exist.xlsx

this is sample ,i need to get the percentage for sum of length for each field name according to the total of the whole distance for all fields but i have one field name with back ground color and without color ,

FME 2018

so i am asking if i can make condition depend on name and background color .

Userlevel 5
Badge +25

Thanks for replying

exist.xlsx

this is sample ,i need to get the percentage for sum of length for each field name according to the total of the whole distance for all fields but i have one field name with back ground color and without color ,

FME 2018

so i am asking if i can make condition depend on name and background color .

I'm still not exactly sure what you're planning to do here, but...

In the Excel reader you have the option to also read formatting. For each cell that is formatted it will add an attribute with that formatting, so in this case you will get name and name.formatting. That name.formatting attribute contains color information. It's buried in XML and you'll need to do some trial and error, but it is readable (at least in FME 2019, I don't have 2018 handy at the moment)