Solved

Split polygon by lines

• 9 November 2018
  • 5 replies

Badge +6

I need to split this polygon using as a reference the rows, how can I do this? These polygons are initially rows, which I transform into polygons using AreaBuilder. As a result it generates 2 polygons, however I need to fragment the polygon into more parts according to the rows.

icon

Best answer by miladahmad 9 November 2018, 23:53

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +17

A possible way is: send the polygon and the lines together into an Intersector, and use an AreaBuilder to create split polygons from the lines output via the Intersected port of the Intersector. If the lines may not cross the polygon entirely, consider using the LineExtender to extend them beforehand.

Badge

Try PolygonCutter from FME Hub

FWIW, @takashi's solution is massively quicker than the PolygonCutter, for my application anyway. I did find I had to send the polygons through a GeometryCoercer to convert them to lines before passing into the Intersector, ie. the polygons and lines both need to be the same geometry before the Intersector outputs both via the Intersected port.

Badge +2

FWIW, @takashi's solution is massively quicker than the PolygonCutter, for my application anyway. I did find I had to send the polygons through a GeometryCoercer to convert them to lines before passing into the Intersector, ie. the polygons and lines both need to be the same geometry before the Intersector outputs both via the Intersected port.

Thanks for this tip it saved me some head scratching :-)

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

This is my solution. Works great!2023-11-23_08h15_46