Question

how to populate DXF format values in FME workbench

• 13 April 2016
  • 4 replies

Badge

hi,

I want to import DXF data into Smallworld by using FME. I have bellow doubts in exporting. When i try to add reader in "Reader Gallery"i found 5 type of "*,dxf,.dwg" formats.

First i try to select "Esri Mapping Specification for CAD(MSC)" data in DXF file not visible. After that i tried with "Autodesk AutoCAD DWG/DXF" it displays layers from DXF source file but fields are not visible in work bench.

I checked the dxf file in ESRI they have fields and values. But in FME those values are not populated in workbench for mapping.

"Layer,Color,Linetype,Elevation,LineWt,RefName,Angle" are the fields in layers. But these fields are not visible in FME workbench.

Can any one tell me how to import DXF file data into Samllword by using FME.

Please advise if I am missing something. Or how would I resolve this issue.

Thanks in advance for your help.

4 replies

Badge +22

If you attach an inspector, are the fields visible on the feature. You may just need to expose the fields on the reader feature to use them in workbench.

Userlevel 4
Badge +25

When you add the DWG/DXF reader, click the parameters button. Set the Group Entities By parameter to be "Attribute Schema". That way you should get any attributes that exist in the source data.

I would also then click on Defaults > Save as My Defaults, as that setting is so useful and it's the one you use 99% of the time anyway.

Badge

If you attach an inspector, are the fields visible on the feature. You may just need to expose the fields on the reader feature to use them in workbench.

dxfsampledata.zip

Hi jdh,

I am facing problems in creating workbench in FME. I am need to know the clear process for creating fme workbench for DXF file data.What are my possible solutions?

Please find the attachments for clear idea about my question. I am attaching same data for your refer. Can you please create sample workbench for my sample data. Sampledata and explanation document placed in same folder.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Badge

When you add the DWG/DXF reader, click the parameters button. Set the Group Entities By parameter to be "Attribute Schema". That way you should get any attributes that exist in the source data.

I would also then click on Defaults > Save as My Defaults, as that setting is so useful and it's the one you use 99% of the time anyway.

I am facing problems in creating workbench in FME. I am need to know the clear process for creating fme workbench for DXF file data.What are my possible solutions?

Please find the attachments for clear idea about my question. I am attaching same data for your refer. Can you please create sample workbench for my sample data. Sampledata and explanation document placed in same folder.

Thanks in advance for your help.dxfsampledata.zip