Question

Matcher results

Badge

I created a matcher workbench to compare street attributes from two feature classes, but am getting different results when I open the feature class in catalog/map and csv vs in the inspector. It seems like there are many duplicates. Unsure why this is happening? I have the output as a feature class and csv.

6 replies

Badge +22

If you only want a single copy of the matched records, you need to use the Single Matched Port, otherwise you get the data from both datasets.

Badge

Ok thank you @jdh I will try that. Would you put all outputs from that or just the one match feat. class? for example, I am most interested in the ones that don't match between the two datasets but I want both matched and not matched in my final results.

Badge +22

Ok thank you @jdh I will try that. Would you put all outputs from that or just the one match feat. class? for example, I am most interested in the ones that don't match between the two datasets but I want both matched and not matched in my final results.

Yes to get a complete dataset without duplicates you would use both the singleMatched and notMatched ports.

You may wish to add an attribute to the dataset indicating which source the feature comes form and/or whether it was unique or duplicate.
Badge
Yes to get a complete dataset without duplicates you would use both the singleMatched and notMatched ports.

You may wish to add an attribute to the dataset indicating which source the feature comes form and/or whether it was unique or duplicate.
@jdh Still having some issues with this. I tried single matched and not matched and the attached is the results I'm getting.matcher-new.jpg here are the settings I'm using: settings.jpg

Badge +22
@jdh Still having some issues with this. I tried single matched and not matched and the attached is the results I'm getting.matcher-new.jpg here are the settings I'm using: settings.jpg

The way you currently have it set up, all the features with the same named are treated as a match. So if you have a street that is broken up at intersections, so that there are 20 individual features that make up the length of the street, you would only have one feature output through the single matched port.

Is this what you intend, or are you trying to compare the individual segments of each street, in which case you'll need a geometry comparison as well.

Badge
The way you currently have it set up, all the features with the same named are treated as a match. So if you have a street that is broken up at intersections, so that there are 20 individual features that make up the length of the street, you would only have one feature output through the single matched port.

Is this what you intend, or are you trying to compare the individual segments of each street, in which case you'll need a geometry comparison as well.

Just trying to compare street names, not worried about the geometry. So it seems that will be the correct results then. Thank you so much!