Question

calculate running total based on variable time grouping

• 16 November 2017
  • 2 replies

Badge

i am new to FME and i am trying to find a way to calculate a running total for a large set of gauge data. I have a point with 24 hours of data, and i would like to sum a running total based on: 3 hours; 6 hours; 9 hours, 12 hours, etc.... for each point. i tried the statistics calculator but that gave me a running total of all the records. i would like them group by 3's, 6's, 12's, etc. any assistance would be appreciated.

2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +12

You will need to create a TimeGroup attribute (conditional value: if hour in 1,2,3 then 3 elsif hour in 4,5,6 then 6 etc) in an AttributeCreator transformer.

Then you can use that attribute in the Group by of the StatisticsCalculator to calculate the running total per TimeGroup (and any other attribute you already had).

Badge

what i am looking for will be a sliding scale running total. there are appx 170 records per point, each record is a 1-hour value. sum(2:3); sum(3:4); sum(4:5), etc ...... sum(167:170). this is needed for several increments: 3 hour, 6 hour, 12 hour, 24 hour, 72 hour