Question

Adding appearance to CityGML: color and transparency

• 23 January 2019
  • 4 replies

Badge +2

I like to have a simple shapefile been written to CityGML.

A simple task, I assumed, but it doesn't work out the way I want... at least, not in the end.

The color and the transparency don't come with the CityGML file. What am I doing wrong or what am I missing here?

Attached the Workspace and the data.

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +26

Yeah this seems pretty undocumented. I've been trying to get this to work, however, nothing seems to do the trick. Perhaps @DaveAtSafe has some ideas? Could it be a bug - seems like this should be automatic like it is with textures.

Userlevel 2
Badge +17

Hi @HarmenKampinga,

FME seems to be having a problem writing the color appearance to solid geometries. I have created a problem report for our development team, and will notify you as soon as this is fixed.

In the meantime, please use a GeometryCoercer after the Extruder to convert the geometry to fme_composite_surface. This will produce a CityGML file with the desired appearance.

Userlevel 4
Badge +26

Hi @HarmenKampinga,

FME seems to be having a problem writing the color appearance to solid geometries. I have created a problem report for our development team, and will notify you as soon as this is fixed.

In the meantime, please use a GeometryCoercer after the Extruder to convert the geometry to fme_composite_surface. This will produce a CityGML file with the desired appearance.

Thanks Dave!

Badge +2

Hi @HarmenKampinga,

Thanks Dave! I will use your suggestion for now