Question

Is it possible to use the directory modified trigger to watch a OneDrive directory?

• 22 May 2020
  • 1 reply

Badge +6

We'd like to use the directory modified trigger in a FME Server automation to watch a directory in OneDrive. Is this possible. The "path" to the OneDrive directory is quite different from a Windows path. Is there a way to accomplish this?

1 reply

Userlevel 4
Badge +26

Hmm, I don't think so unfortunalty. You would need to build a workspace or something to check if something has changed. You could set up a schedule to run every 5 mins comparing the list of files in OneDrive to a database table. If something has changed then trigger the workspace and update the database? Would tie up an engine though so not really a very good solution. But the processing time would be short so maybe an option if it has to be OneDrive.

The other option could be to have some tool which syncs a Resouce folder on the server to the OneDrive folder (doesn't OneDrive offer this?) I think that would be the best way. Then you could just use directory watch as normal.

(Disclaimer: I haven't really worked with one drive)