Solved

Error with emailer (FME desktop)

Badge

Hi,

I'm trying to send an email (to myself) after a succesful translation. I implemented the steps mentioned in the link (with the featurewriter, sampler etc) by @aaronkoning :

https://knowledge.safe.com/questions/4963/sending-mail-in-fme-desktop.html

However, eventhough the translation itself is succesful, the email apparently gets rejected (see image), and in the inspector 17, I see the following error:

Fme_rejection_code: ERROR_DURING_PROCESSING

(don't mind the lack of output from the featurewriter, I was playing around with it just before screenshotting. It generates input just fine).

What am I doing wrong? I'm using FME Desktop version 2018.1.0.1.

icon

Best answer by david_whiteside 29 May 2019, 10:30

View original

3 replies

Badge

What does the log file say?I've seen this error before when you aren't authenticating in the Emailer.

The log file should give you more of an idea.

Userlevel 4

Sounds like it could be a problem with the SMTP server. What happens if you create a dummy workspace that contains nothing more than a Creator -> Emailer?

I also agree with @david_whiteside about having a good look at the log file.

Badge

What does the log file say?I've seen this error before when you aren't authenticating in the Emailer.

The log file should give you more of an idea.

@david_r

@david_whiteside

Update: It worked when authenticating!

This is what the logfile said about the emailer without authenticating:

Emailer (Emailer): Potential network issue. Retrying SMTP connection, attempt 1 of 2

Emailer (Emailer): Potential network issue. Retrying SMTP connection, attempt 2 of 2

Emailer: <class 'smtplib.SMTPServerDisconnected'>: Connection unexpectedly closed

Now I know that I just need to authenticate. Thanks for the help