Question

Edges on Layer0 when generating SketchUp files

Badge +1

Hello,

I am trying to generate a single SketchUp file having several layers, using several attributes and a GeometryPropertySetter such as sander described here.

Thing is, by doing so, all the edges of my shapes are into the default Layer0 layer, while surfaces are in the correct layer :

This is very annoying when I want to work with such files on SketchUp afterwards, any ideas about what is wrong here ? Also, some of my layers are set as such, but with the same method, I sometimes get my features into created groups, I really don't know how.

Thanks in advance,

Mickael

2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +17

Hi @mickael,

I'm sorry, but FME can currently only set the layer on the top level of the object, so the child objects will always end up on Layer0. We are currently working on adding support for setting the layer for all the object levels, and I will notify you as soon as this support is available.

Hi @mickael,

I'm sorry, but FME can currently only set the layer on the top level of the object, so the child objects will always end up on Layer0. We are currently working on adding support for setting the layer for all the object levels, and I will notify you as soon as this support is available.

This seems to still be an issue in FME 2020.1. Any news?