Question

Finding the Points Data in relation to Chainage Line

• 26 September 2019
  • 7 replies

Badge

Hi all

I would like to find out below the points which are X and Y, what the chainage is for each point?

The line I have is the road which has a chainage to and chainage from for each section. But i want points to automatically link to line so it picks up the road chainage.

What would be the easiest way to find the offset of the points to the line?

I also have an option of point to point, so find nearest point that it can offset to if that option is also possible.

Much appreciated

7 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +30

Hi @fazsnatch

Its possible to do the offset ( points on Line ).

I suggest you to use the transformer NeighborFinder and VertexCreator:

Thanks in Advance,

Danilo

Badge +16

Hi @fazsnatch

If you are interested in only combining attributes from the line to the points then the NeighborFinder transformer with Attribute Accumulation set to Merge Attributes, can help you.

If interested in creating the points on the line, then go fo @danilo_fme's suggestion.

Userlevel 1
Badge +10

Do you have the chainages set as measures on the line(s)?

Badge

Do you have the chainages set as measures on the line(s)?

Hi Egomm, yes i do. I have two columns with chainage information such as chainage start and chainage end point.

Badge

Hi @fazsnatch

If you are interested in only combining attributes from the line to the points then the NeighborFinder transformer with Attribute Accumulation set to Merge Attributes, can help you.

If interested in creating the points on the line, then go fo @danilo_fme's suggestion.

Thanks Itay will give this a try now

Badge

Hi @fazsnatch

Its possible to do the offset ( points on Line ).

I suggest you to use the transformer NeighborFinder and VertexCreator:

Thanks in Advance,

Danilo

Thanks Danilo, this has helped me. I have got it working to at least giving the distance and closest coordinate. I can manually give the chainage but will look to see if i can automate that also now.

Userlevel 1
Badge +10

Hi Egomm, yes i do. I have two columns with chainage information such as chainage start and chainage end point.

And is it the start and end chainage attributes you want to pass to the point, or the actual chainage of the closest point on the line?

If the latter you will need to use a measuresetter with your chainageinformation to generate the measures on the line