Question

no output from feature writer

• 17 March 2020
  • 8 replies

Badge

Hi,

A simple case; insert some excel data into an oracle table and afterwards move the source file.

The workflow consists of the following components:

The data is written to the oracle table but no features appear from the output port on the featurewriter.

Does anyone have a clue to why there is no output?

Transformer documentation states that after succesfull writing all features appear from the output port.

Thanks!

8 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +21

Do you have a Table Qualifier set? There is a known issue (now fixed I believe) where no features are output if a table qualifier is used.

It looks like you should be able to use the summary port for your requirement though

Userlevel 4

In your case you could simply use the single output feature from the Summary port as the trigger for the file copy. That way you also would not need the Sampler.

Badge

Do you have a Table Qualifier set? There is a known issue (now fixed I believe) where no features are output if a table qualifier is used.

It looks like you should be able to use the summary port for your requirement though

Yes, I have set the table qualifier. Thanks for the info. I will try in a more recent version.

Badge

In your case you could simply use the single output feature from the Summary port as the trigger for the file copy. That way you also would not need the Sampler.

Thanks, I had not set the basename and dataset to expose on the summary port. Makes more sense without the sampler indeed.

Badge +11

Yes, I have set the table qualifier. Thanks for the info. I will try in a more recent version.

This still appears to be an issue with FME 2019.2.2.0 (20200103 - Build 19817 - WIN64), writing to an ArcSDE GeoDB.

Badge +2

@pratsch The issue where using a table qualifier results in no output features has been addressed in FME 2020.

If you are unable to upgrade to FME 2020, then a workaround is to add the qualifier to the table name. i.e. instead of using the table qualifier field, manually add the qualifer name to the table name field : myqualifier.mytable.

Badge

@pratsch The issue where using a table qualifier results in no output features has been addressed in FME 2020.

If you are unable to upgrade to FME 2020, then a workaround is to add the qualifier to the table name. i.e. instead of using the table qualifier field, manually add the qualifer name to the table name field : myqualifier.mytable.

I am having a similar problem and cannot upgrade to 2020 yet. What would be the process for adding the qualifier name? Using the qualifier in the Table Qualifier field results in no records from the output port. Using myqualifier.mytable in the Table Name field results in an error that the table must already exist to do an update.

Thanks, David

Badge +5

Hi,

I am experiencing a similar issue using dynamic writers with the @Value(fme_feature_type) for the table name. The table qualifier is in the fme_feature_type value, not the table qualifier parameter. I have the Output Port set to 'One per Feature Type'.

The weird thing is that all features are output on the PostGIS FeatureWriter (one feature writer and 5 feature types), but on the PostgreSQL Feature Writers (4 writers, 4 feature types per writer) it outputs a random number of feature types per writer (one outputs only the schema features, one outputs 2 of 4 feature types, another outputs 3 of 4). I am using FME 2022.2.0

Thanks, John