Solved

FME Server Error with REST API

• 18 February 2020
  • 3 replies

Badge +16

I just started to receive this error on FME Server 2019.2 that won't allow me to view the jobs.

0684Q00000ArDZiQAN.png

Here is the API response with the error below.

{"message":"org.dom4j.DocumentException: Error on line 1 of document  : An invalid XML character (Unicode: 0x7f) was found in the value of attribute "value" and element is "NM_DIRECTIVE". Nested exception: An invalid XML character (Unicode: 0x7f) was found in the value of attribute "value" and element is "NM_DIRECTIVE"."}

What can I do to diagnose what the issue is with the invalid character?

Also, I have only noticed this issue with transformations/jobs/completed API call, as the others are working correctly. 

icon

Best answer by warrendev 18 February 2020, 20:37

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 4

Try using the developer tools in your browser to inspect the network traffic between your browser and FME Server. An alternative might be to use something like Fiddler.

Badge +16

Try using the developer tools in your browser to inspect the network traffic between your browser and FME Server. An alternative might be to use something like Fiddler.

Thanks @david_r, I've tried using Chrome dev tools as well as postman to perform the API calls, but can't seem to figure out where this invalid value is coming from. I have submitted a support ticket to SAFE.

Badge +16
UPDATE:

No changes were made to the FME Server installation, repositories or workspaces, and now the error is not present. Not sure what was causing it, but everything seems to be working as expected now.