Question

Strange side-effect of coordinateRounder

Badge

I seem to have a strange problem with the coordinate rounder. It looks like a bug actually, as I didn't have this issue in FME2016:

I have read some features from an autodesk drawing (dwg). After using my coordinateRounder the information about entity type is deleted (see also the figures 1-3). It isn't that hard to make a workaround for this issue, but I don't understand why this is happening. I already found out that this isn't always happening with coordinateRounder.

Does anybody have an idea?

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +25

It does look like it's a bug. I'd recommend sending it in to Safe's support team.

Userlevel 2
Badge +16

Could it be that the attributes are read with a character data type, instead of a numeric, even though the values are numeric?

I have seen some unexpected behaviour if that was the case.

Userlevel 4
Badge +25

I did a quick search and found this seems to have been discovered and fixed in FME2015/2016. I see from your curves you are using 2017 though. So is this an old workspace that you have just opened in 2017? If so, can you replace the CoordinateRounder with a new one? That might help fix the problem.

If not, please do send this to our support team and quote PR#63285 for them to investigate.

Regards

Mark

Badge

I did a quick search and found this seems to have been discovered and fixed in FME2015/2016. I see from your curves you are using 2017 though. So is this an old workspace that you have just opened in 2017? If so, can you replace the CoordinateRounder with a new one? That might help fix the problem.

If not, please do send this to our support team and quote PR#63285 for them to investigate.

Regards

Mark

It is an old workspace that i have opened in 2017 and saved as a 2017 workspace. I had tried to replace the coordinaterounder already, but it didn't fix the problem. I will submit the matter to your support team.
Userlevel 2
Badge +17

This issue seems to be due to an obscure interaction between the workspace Classic/Enhanced geometry setting, the AutoCAD reader, and the CoordinateRounder.

We will be fixing this, but for now, changing the workspace geometry setting to Enhanced will cure the problem.

The Classic/Enhanced geometry option was removed in FME 2012, so this problem will only affect workspace created in earlier versions.