Question

3D building extrusion

• 22 January 2018
  • 5 replies

In my workspace, I want to extract roofs from existing models and extrude them to a DEM raster hence creating newer and cleaner models.

The running of the workspace was unsuccessful and this was shown in the Translation Log.

RasterClippingFactoryPipeline::MaskRasterizer(VectorToRasterFactory): 54 input feature(s) processed. 0 input feature(s) with invalid geometry discarded. 0 input feature(s) not compatible with the raster interpretation discarded. 54 raster(s) output

@ProcessRasterTiles: Invalid raster dimensions: 0 rows by 1 columns. This function requires rasters to have positive values for both rows and columns

RasterBandMinMaxExtractor: A fatal error has occurred. Check the logfile above for details

Clipper_5_Raster(RasterClippingFactory): A fatal error has occurred. Check the logfile above for details

How can I find the source of the problem and erradicate it?

I guess it can be caused by complicated or problematic models as it does not occur all the time.

Please help me, Takashi

/Anna

5 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +17

Hi @annachong, possibly a raster feature output from the Clipper was invalid, but it's hard to specify the exact reason for the error without inspecting the actual data.

In FME 2017.1, the <Rejected> port has been added to the RasterBandMinMaxExtactor. If you could upgrade FME to the latest version (FME 2017.1.2.1) and replace the RasterBandMinMaxExtractor with new one, you might see what happened here by inspecting a rejected feature.

Otherwise, share a minimal dataset and a small workspace example which reproduce the same error, so that we can investigate the issue.

6205000-104000-models.zip6205000-104000-contours.zipesrishape-esrishape2none.fmw

Hi Takashi,

Here is a part of the workspace and the accompanying files.

/Anna

Userlevel 2
Badge +17

6205000-104000-models.zip6205000-104000-contours.zipesrishape-esrishape2none.fmw

Hi Takashi,

/Anna

I was able to reproduce the error, but could not specify the reason.

Just a temporary workaround, once set 0.5 x 0.5 to the cell spacing parameters in the SurfaceModeller, the error seems not to occur any longer.

I suspect that the Clipper could generate an invalid raster in some special conditions. Hope someone from Safe to take a closer look at this.

Userlevel 2
Badge +17

Hi Takashi,

/Anna

I don't know why it happens, but the Clipper has definitely generated an invalid raster (resolution = 0 x 0). This workflow is also a temporary workaround that filters out the invalid raster. It's OK even if cell spacing is set to 1 x 1.

Badge
I don't know why it happens, but the Clipper has definitely generated an invalid raster (resolution = 0 x 0). This workflow is also a temporary workaround that filters out the invalid raster. It's OK even if cell spacing is set to 1 x 1.

Hi @takashi,

Thanks a lot for your workaround, I had the same kind of unhandled error after a clipper that returned invalid raster.

Best regards,

Rémi