Question

3D vector profile from 3D resistivity point data

• 16 October 2019
  • 6 replies
  • 1 view

Badge

Here's a fun problem! And, as always, any hints or ideas are welcome!

I have 3D-point-data with resistivity values and I would like to generate a 3D vector profile with resistivity "areas" like the one below (but as vector data) - if at all this is possible with FME? And just the areas/3D-polygons would suffice. I'm mainly interested in getting the same information content than an exact replica. It doesn't matter if the information is made up of faces, meshes or solids as long as I can get circa the image below in 3D representations in say Autocad.

I attach a template file with the data so if you feel like doing some testing you should be up and running directly.

Like I said, any ideas or hints are welcome!

Peter

6 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +25

Just as a very quick hint, try the CoordinateSwapper. Swap the x or y axis with the z axis, and you'll have a good starting point.

Badge

Just as a very quick hint, try the CoordinateSwapper. Swap the x or y axis with the z axis, and you'll have a good starting point.

Isn't that cheating!? Hahaha!

Badge +21

Seems the template does not include the C:\\Users\\pap\\Downloads\\Project21_GradientXL_1_L1.xy -. please upload that also :) @peteralstorp

Badge

Seems the template does not include the C:\\Users\\pap\\Downloads\\Project21_GradientXL_1_L1.xy -. please upload that also :) @peteralstorp

Project21_GradientXL_1_L1.zip

Strange. Here it is. I have solved this using the CoordinateSwapper so I will mark Mars answer as the solution. But feel free to suggest other solutions if you want/have the time. Peter

Badge

Seems I can't accept Marks answer as the solution...

Userlevel 1
Badge +11

Seems I can't accept Marks answer as the solution...

I've flipped Mark's comment into an answer and accepted it on your behalf (: