Solved

data download service input schemas not matching output schemas

Badge

Hi,

I'm wondering how to modify this so that output schemas match those input?

Regards,

Richard

icon

Best answer by takashi 4 May 2017, 04:47

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +17

Hi @richardtriesfme, the FeatureReader outputs first a schema feature for each feature type via the <Schema> port and a Dynamic writer feature type can refer the schema feature as its schema source. Try this.

1. Connect the <Schema> port of the FeatureReader and the writer feature type directly.
  2. In the writer feature type, check the Dynamic Properties checkbox and select "Schema From Schema Feature" as the Schema Source.
  3. If you have set fme_feature_type to the Feature Type Name in the writer feature type, you can leave the Schema Definition Name parameter the default ("Default from Feature Type name above"), like this screenshot. Otherwise, set fme_feature_type to the Schema Definition Name explicitly.

Badge

Thanks Takashi,

I believe I have done this now however I am still getting extra attributes in the output that do not exist in the source.cadextractorworking.fmw

Regards,

Richard

Userlevel 2
Badge +17

Thanks Takashi,

I believe I have done this now however I am still getting extra attributes in the output that do not exist in the source.cadextractorworking.fmw

Regards,

Richard

I think the dynamic properties setting in your workspace should work as expected. How did you confirm that the extra attributes don't exist in the source feature type?

Userlevel 2
Badge +17

Thanks Takashi,

Regards,

Richard

Ah, I didn't check the User Attributes tab in your writer feature type. In a dynamic writer feature type, it's not necessary to define any user attribute unless you want to define specific additional attributes. Remove every attribute definition here.

Badge
Ah, I didn't check the User Attributes tab in your writer feature type. In a dynamic writer feature type, it's not necessary to define any user attribute unless you want to define specific additional attributes. Remove every attribute definition here.

Thanks Takashi,

This has resolved it.

Regards,

Richard