Question

Distance down road

Badge

Hi, I am trying to create a service area of 2km down a road network from a known starting point. Ie select any road/or part of road within 2km of my starting point (via the road (not an isochrone)). The equivalent of ArcGIS service area. I have read and downloaded the FME "Calculate Emergency Travel Times" example but am a bit lost. Im guessing i need to use the Network Cost Calculator... Any suggestions or ways forward would be appreciated. Thanks Goatboy.

4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +17

Hi @goatboy, every day :) I think you are on the right track.

After calculating network cost with the NetworkCostCalculator (Output Optimal Cost As: Measure), extract measure values of the start and end nodes of each line. e.g. "m_start" and "m_end". You can then filter the lines like this.

• [1] 2km <= min(m_start, m_end) --> the line is out of range --> discard
  • [2] 2km >= max(m_start, m_end) --> the line is within the range entirely.
  • [3] otherwise, the line should be snipped --> Snipper (Mode: Measure (Value))

See this screenshot.

Badge

After calculating network cost with the NetworkCostCalculator (Output Optimal Cost As: Measure), extract measure values of the start and end nodes of each line. e.g. "m_start" and "m_end". You can then filter the lines like this.

See this screenshot.

Man your good! :-) . Yes that works perfectly. Your a star, and apparently never sleep!I had better start directing some of my salary into your bank account......

The TestFilter and Snipper are really doing all the work. I would have struggled to get those test conditions myself.

Thanks Again,

ps, I promise no more questions this week !!

Steve

Badge

See this screenshot.

Takashi, you are a genius, thanks for sharing your knowledge!!

Badge +10

Hi @takashi just letting you know that this helped me out with my own question. I too wanted to generate streets radiating out from a point for a driven distance