Solved

GML FeatureReader not workingon FME Server: 0 schema features

• 8 April 2019
  • 3 replies

Badge +8

Hello FME community,

I have a fairly complex series of workspaces that dynamically harvest, validate and write featuretypes. We harvest using WFS and online GML.

I have an issue where in FME Desktop (2018.1.2-b18590) the FeatureReader reads both the schema and the features, but in FME Server (2019.0-b19238) it doesn't create a schema feature in the gml FeatureReader, so when I want to dynamically write to my database it doesnt recieve a schema feature.

The XSD and the GML are findable and downloadable by FME Server. The steps to reproduce this behaviour is to run it in Desktop, publish it FME Server.

See attached an isolated Workspace to show my problem with the logfile saying in FME Server:

103 INFO Merged 0 schema features read from 1 datasets into 0 resulting feature types

104 WARN UniversalReader -- readSchema resulted in 0 schema features being returned

105 WARN Reader Parameter(0) = >https://geotest.drenthe.nl/website/ngr/am.xml

168 WARN Reader Directive(..)

176 WARN UniversalReader -- readSchema resulted in 0 schema features being returned

Is this a bug? Am I missing a parameter? Help!

icon

Best answer by deanatsafe 12 April 2019, 00:15

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +25

I'm seeing the same thing here (FME 2019 desktop). The FeatureReader hasn't been updated between those two builds so it's probably a problem with the underlying GML reader. In fact, using a GML reader directly in FME 2018 and 2019 shows the same behaviour: 2018 reads the schema, 2019 doesn't.

I think it's best to send this in to Safe's support, or your reseller's support, to have them take a look at it. The XML document does seem to refer to an xsd on Safe's website which can't be found, but then again, FME 2018 doesn't seem to be too concerned about that.

Badge +8

I'm seeing the same thing here (FME 2019 desktop). The FeatureReader hasn't been updated between those two builds so it's probably a problem with the underlying GML reader. In fact, using a GML reader directly in FME 2018 and 2019 shows the same behaviour: 2018 reads the schema, 2019 doesn't.

I think it's best to send this in to Safe's support, or your reseller's support, to have them take a look at it. The XML document does seem to refer to an xsd on Safe's website which can't be found, but then again, FME 2018 doesn't seem to be too concerned about that.

Registered as call: C144280

Badge +6

26277-gml2none-2019_workaround.zip

Thanks Oscar for reporting this GML schema reader issue. As noted we have opened up a support case for you.

We have reproduced the problem in 2019.0, confirmed that it use to work in 2018.1 and created a bug report. Note that the bug is only to do with FME 2018 and 2019 - nothing specific to Server.

In the meantime here is a workaround. It looks like the dataset path and the app schema url paths are the same except for the file extension of xsd vs xml. If we can assume this, then we can build a url for the xsd and use that in the FeatureReader. I tried this in the attached and it seems to work fine for reading both schema and data features.