Question

Choosing a particular layer when converting CAD file to ESRI feature class,

Badge +5
Choosing a particular layer when converting CAD file to ESRI feature class,

I couldn’t figure out how can the end user choose a particular layer when converting CAD to feature class.

It appears the “feature type” can’t be set as “user parameter”

Then how the user can select a particular layer when converting CAD to feature class?

Thank you

Best

Jamal

10 replies

Badge +3
what more..

If u put the workspacecaller calling the Acad reader with list enabled in a customtransformer and make the choicelistparameter a userparameter and then save this customtransformer as a customtransformer using (save as in menubar) U have a customtransformer with layerchoice:

Badge +3
here is a custom layerviewer

Comunityborder is selected (GEMEENTEGRENS (dutch)) i
Badge +5
Thank you GIO for the help,

perfect, the layers now appear in the end-user dialog box

BUT the issue now is that if the dwg file is changed then its layers don’t appear. The layers of the previous dwg are kept!

How this issue can be controlled?
Badge +5
Sorry GIO, your screenshots are not clear.

If you try to decrease the width of the screenshots (like clipping them) then they gets much better as they are inserted in the FME forum
Badge +3
Hi Jaml,

U can zoom in your browser.

I wil try to figure out nexttime how to update the list if file is changed.(after weekend..i'm of from work now).

BYe and have a nice weekend.

Badge +5
You too. Thank you.

I would be great if you find out a way to update the list as the dwg file is changed, of course, after the week end

Best

Jamal
Badge +3
Hi Jamal,

i can't find anything that makes it possible to change the schema list after changing the file, alas.

You would have to make your own interface using python or tcl i guess.....
Badge +3
Hi Jamal,

maybe this is usefull?

http://fmepedia.safe.com/articles/How_To/Pass-a-List-of-Tables-or-Layers-to-an-FME-Reader-using-Python-Scripted-Parameters#heading_toc_j_4
Badge +5
Thank you very much Gio,

I tried to followed the instructions that aim at showing a parameter to choose layers of AutoCAD files but sounds not to work.

What might be the issue here?

Badge +5
Hi GIO,

I got the root solution from an expert. Simple, in the “add reader”, the format should be chosen as “generic (any format)” with “single merged feature type” as workflow options.