Question

Can I send multiple attribute values to an UpdateDetector via a parameter

• 23 July 2018
  • 1 reply
  • 1 view

Badge

I have an UpdateDetector, but instead of hard-coding the "attributes to match" via the GUI, I would like to pass them in via a user parameter, which is ultimately populated from a spreadsheet via Python. (In fact, because I am using generic outputs for the FeatureReaders, I don't get the GUI option to add attributes.)

Unfortunately, it appears I can only pass in a single value this way. If I pass in any more, as a space-delimited list for example, the UpdateDetector appears to just ignore the values passed in and reports all rows as Unchanged.

Is there any way of supplying multiple attributes to match using the approach I'm using?

I have attached a screenshot of my workspace, which uploads a file gdb data source, saves it to a table and then just compares that table with an existing table.

1 reply

Badge +2

The trick to success is to make sure you have the correct type of published parameter. There are many types of published parameter, text, attribute list, integer, choice etc.

But there are other parameter types that are not in this list of types. These are specific to some transformers.

So if your going to use a published parameter in a transformer, the safest way to ensure you have the correct parameter type is to create the parameter in the transformer (don't use the navigator):

This ensures you have the correct parameter type for the transformer parameter you're using.