Question

Extract IFMERaster Name

• 26 February 2019
  • 3 replies

Hi,

I'm working with openflight models and have been looking for ways to extract the texture name or file name from each model.

Using the SharedItemRetriever, I am able to visually see the textures in Inspector. Each feature displayed, has a IFMERaster listing with an Attribute Name (encoded: UTF-8) and contains the file directory path I need.

How can I access this attribute? Raster Property extractor does not provide a Name attribute output. I tried Geometry Property Extractor and Appearance Extractor and similarly, they either don't reveal a Name attribute or similarly, show the Name attribute under the IFMERaster list.

3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +17

I think the GeometryPropertyExtractor (Property to Extract: Geometry Name) does extract the Name (geometry name) from any geometry including raster.

I think the GeometryPropertyExtractor (Property to Extract: Geometry Name) does extract the Name (geometry name) from any geometry including raster.

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunantly, with only GeometryPropertyExtractor and using (Property to Extract: Geometry Name) , this provides me with a generic name, but I don't see any texture names, material names or filenames relating to texturing.

Despite this, inside Inspector I am able to see a name of the texture file used. Is it buried within IFMEMesh:Parts:Part:Front Appearance Reference:Texture Reference: IFMERaster: Name. This name attribute is not readily accessible here.

Badge +3

@pat8037: Did you ever get this cracked, as I've got the same problem: I'd like to log the full path name of the raster file that's being processed.