Question

Creating a drawing from shapefiles but my block attributes are merge all together.

Creating a drawing from shapefiles but my block attributes are merge all together.

I have several blocks are being created by fme. The Attributes for all the blocks are being merge to every different blocks. I think when i setup my writer for autocad is not correct.

What is the correct method on creating block with AutoCad drawing without merge all block attribute together?

TMT-1132.jpg show block create by Autocad Insert method.

FME-TMT-1132.jpg show block create by FME

FME-WRITER-AUTOCAD.JPG example of my writer

2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +17

Hi @curlschooler,

The AutoCAD writer will automatically create any attributes defined on the output feature type, if they are not already defined on the block.

However, if the attribute exists on the output feature, and there is an attribute with the same name defined on the block definition in the AutoCAD template file, FME will fill that attribute, even if the attribute is not defined on the output feature type.

If your block definitions already include the attributes, I would recommend removing all the User Attributes from your output feature type definition in the workspace.

I had to create a writer for each block with it own attributes.