Question

store the Building information from the gml file to a text file

• 30 April 2019
  • 2 replies

R4414A2.lazhello every one

My name is Maher I am student at University of Oulu Finland

Now I am Working on modeling 3D City Model using FME .

I have a GML file that have the information of buildings and everything .

However I want to store the Building information from the gml file to a text file . And the data should be like

<height> <number of corner> <coordinates of vertice1> <coordinate of vertice2>.........................<coordinate of verticeN>

for each building I should have a line of information like this .

Could someone help me to achieve this structure

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +25

You can use a VertexCounter to get the number of corners (although there may be more vertices than corners) and a CoordinateConcatenator to set up the list of coordinates.

The building height might be trickier, there are z-coordinates on the buildings but it looks like they're ground level and I can't really find a building height attribute.

You can use a VertexCounter to get the number of corners (although there may be more vertices than corners) and a CoordinateConcatenator to set up the list of coordinates.

The building height might be trickier, there are z-coordinates on the buildings but it looks like they're ground level and I can't really find a building height attribute.

thanks for the answer

concerning the hight I think it is calculated after clliping the GML with Laser scanning data . this the Workflow I am using PointCloud2TerrainBuildings[232].fmw but how can I put the data after the VertexCounter and CoordinateConcatenator in a text file and should each building get its own vertices or they will be randomly recognized ?