Solved

Points, Polylines & Polygons in a 3D PDF

• 10 January 2020
  • 5 replies

Badge +3

Heyhey and happy new year, Im fascinated with the 3D PDF possibility of FME and am constantly making some needlessly-over-complicated things in it (of course)

Up to now I have mainly just been taking either stuff straight out of Revit for buildings/structures to a 3D PDF or draping TIN's with areal photography or other rasters to make nice 3D landscape.

Now I want to include vector data in my landscapes, for example not only drape a TIN with areal photography but also drape it with contours (lines) and areas (polygons) and even perhaps somekind of a structure (based on a point).

Ive googled around and tried many things but I just have not succeeded, so could anyone suggest a workflow where I:

-Introduce vector data (point. line, polygon)

-Set the symboligy of that vector data (color, thickness, opacity...)

-Drape a TIN with that symbolized vector data (Use the 'Appearance setter'?)

-Export that to a 3D PDF (remembering that I already know how to make it with Raster and TIN, just not vectors).

Any suggestions?

And a bonus questions: how on earth does one set the drawing order of multiple data in the 3D PDF and assign the following layers in the 3D PDF with appropriate names (instead of [File name]#Number?

Here is how a usual workspace of mine making 3D PDF dsiplaying areal imagery and hillshade on top of a TIN would look like:

icon

Best answer by sigtill 15 January 2020, 13:47

View original

5 replies

Badge +21

Hi @hlynur

Do you want the data as RASTER or VECTOR in the 3DPDF?

To get different layers of raster you can use the MapnikRasterizer. To create Vectors you need to make more 3D-objects and its not as easy as writing to for instance DWG and getting the line_styles etc there.

Badge +3

Hi @hlynur

To get different layers of raster you can use the MapnikRasterizer. To create Vectors you need to make more 3D-objects and its not as easy as writing to for instance DWG and getting the line_styles etc there.

Heyhey and thanks, raster will do, will check and get back at you.

Badge +21

To set the "drawing order" I usually add an attribute to each layer called: _order - and then use the Sorter before writing. This way the first layer gets written first etc.

Badge +3

Hi @hlynur

Worked like a charm! Thanks :)

Badge +21

Worked like a charm! Thanks :)

My pleasure @hlynur