Question

Saving shp file

Hello guys,

Could you please tell mem how could i sva shape file in some folder with another name? The trouble is that while i try to do this the programm creates the folder with defined name but the name of the file stays the same.

Thx, Siber-DEV.

4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +17
Hi,

The destination shape file name usually will be same as the writer feature type name.

As long as seeing the image you posted, output file name seems to become "NewFeatureType". Is it right?

If so, you can edit the name in Feature Type Properties dialog of the writer feature type.

Takashi
>As long as seeing the image you posted, output file name seems to become "NewFeatureType". Is >it right?

No, the output file name stays the same as in original file, the programm just create the folder with defined name.
Userlevel 2
Badge +17
Are you perhaps using Dynamic Schema?

If so, output feature type name (file name) will be same as the source feature type name by default. But you can modify output feature type name in the schema definition on Feature Type Properties dialog.

Badge +3
Destination Directory is a directory, i dont think you can change this behaviour by changing the parameter type from directory to file.

I tried that also, als with scripted parameters, but it doesnt work like that.

Filename will need to be controlled trough FeatureType.