Solved

KML to GPX

• 3 October 2019
  • 3 replies

Badge

Hi,

I want to translate some KML to GPX. Never done with this types of files so I am using quick translator. I am getting some results but i need to get a timestamp for my points. How can I get this?

In my KML data time stamp is located in Name and Snippet section (Picture 1).

GPX that I need to get is

GPX that i get from quick translation is:

icon

Best answer by redgeographics 3 October 2019, 11:49

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +25

You'll need to extract the date/time from the Snippet attribute, DateTimeConvertor is probably the best way to go. You can specify the input and output formats manually if necessary.

Once you've gotten rid of the unwanted stuff in the Snippet attribute it looks like the input format is %e.%m.%Y. %H:%M:%S and you need it to be a ISO output.

Badge

You'll need to extract the date/time from the Snippet attribute, DateTimeConvertor is probably the best way to go. You can specify the input and output formats manually if necessary.

Once you've gotten rid of the unwanted stuff in the Snippet attribute it looks like the input format is %e.%m.%Y. %H:%M:%S and you need it to be a ISO output.

@redgeographics Yes thank you I have managed to extract date time and converted it to ISO. Now i need to write time tag in my GPX file after <ele> tag. Any idea how to do that?

Badge

I managed to add time to GPX, I needed to add atrribute creation_time. Thank you once again @redgeographics.