Question

Azure Synapse the new SQL Data Warehouse Platform from Microsoft

• 6 March 2020
  • 1 reply

This image below shows Microsoft's recommended configuration for a BI and Analytics integrated storage solution. Azure Synapse Analytics is the new thing in town, the new MS SQL Data warehouse. The most expensive thing in this configuration is the Azure Data Factory. Our institution already has an FME Server. The question is can we replace Data Factory for FME? and has anyone in the community have made successful implementation of FME in this type of scenario?

1 reply

Badge

Hi @alex2044,

I can't provide a use case for this exact scenario but I can confirm that FME can integrate with Azure Data Lake Storage Gen 2 via the AzureBlobStorageConnector. The Azure Blob Storage API used in the transformer is compatible with ADLS Gen 2 and the transformer allows you to list, download, upload and delete files. For more detailed info & minor limitations check out this link.

FME can integrate 450+ different formats covering a vast amount of sources for unstructured and structured data which can be cleaned up, enriched with data from different sources and pushed to ADLS Gen 2 for storage. Take a look at our FME Integrations Gallery for more details.

I hope this helps & let us know if you have more questions!