Question

No transparency for layer in pdf2d

• 30 January 2019
  • 4 replies
  • 1 view

Hello, new user here.

I try to make a geospatial pdf from multiple shapefile as source. I use Mapnikrasterizer for the style of each layer, but when I try to save the file, my layer are well stored but the transparency turn black.

Thanks in advance for your advice.

4 replies

Badge +3

@b.dorbani

Alas no transparency in the pdf writer. I'm still hoping for it.

Options are

- use raster type; I usually go png.

- create/read intended background layer with transparent layer and burn the raster...which can take some time..

- drive arcmap (or maybe Q-Gis) using python.

Their pdf exporter can do transparency.

Userlevel 3
Badge +17

Hi @b.dorbani

I'm sorry you ran into this issue. If you would like to see support for transparency in rasters implemented in the PDF2D writer, you can vote for the Idea here.

Is it a requirement to have the features in a raster format? If not, you can output the features as vectors which does support transparency. You can style your features using the PDFStyler. I have attached a modified copy of your workspace which demonstrates this.

I hope this helps.

carto_znieff_pdfStyler.fmw

@b.dorbani

Alas no transparency in the pdf writer. I'm still hoping for it.

Options are

- use raster type; I usually go png.

- create/read intended background layer with transparent layer and burn the raster...which can take some time..

- drive arcmap (or maybe Q-Gis) using python.

Their pdf exporter can do transparency.

Hi @gio thanks for your quick answer, I'm a bit desapointed that the geospatial pdf transparency is sot yet supported by the pdf writer. I'll try the qgis route if the solution provided by @DebbiAtSafe doesn't match my need. thank's for your input anyway !

Hi @b.dorbani

I'm sorry you ran into this issue. If you would like to see support for transparency in rasters implemented in the PDF2D writer, you can vote for the Idea here.

Is it a requirement to have the features in a raster format? If not, you can output the features as vectors which does support transparency. You can style your features using the PDFStyler. I have attached a modified copy of your workspace which demonstrates this.

I hope this helps.

carto_znieff_pdfStyler.fmw

Hi @DebbiAtSafe. Voted. I'lI try your workspace when I come back to my office (on Friday). The raster format is not mandatory but I’m a bit worried by the export size of the vector solution (but I’m very new facing this kind of issue, I may be worried for nothing). In the end, I will have around 10 layers and the interactive feature of the geospatial pdf is a big improvement for the readability of the final product. Thanks for the time you take to investigate my problem.

edit : With only a raster as the base map and all other feature as vector, the final product meet my need ! Thanks for the help