Question

How to Pass input to ODBC Reader

• 26 September 2019
  • 3 replies
  • 1 view

I am building a process flow that moves data from point A to B. I noticed the ODBC reader has faster speed over SQL Executor. The challenge is the ODBC reader doesn't have inputs as incoming initiator like SQL Executor. Is there a way that I can use tow ODBC readers one execute after the other receiving inputs?

3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +19

Have you tried a FeatureReader? I think that could work.

Thanks for letting me know about feature reader. I tried using that and noticed it doesn't give you option to limit feature attributes. Basically it is picking all columns. On top that, I was not able to see reading speed different from SQL creator and executor.

Badge +11

Thanks for letting me know about feature reader. I tried using that and noticed it doesn't give you option to limit feature attributes. Basically it is picking all columns. On top that, I was not able to see reading speed different from SQL creator and executor.

Hi @abelc,

Have you tried specifying Constraints on the FeatureReader? In particular there's the Feature Types to Read if applicable, or you could try specifying the WHERE clause. There's also a parameter in the Attribute and Geometry Handling where you can choose the accumulation mode on the attributes. There's a good description in the FeatureReader parameters here which contains examples for the WHERE clause, if you'd like to take a look. Hope that helps!