Question

Align CAD to GIS layer

• 27 December 2017
  • 2 replies

Badge

I have a CAD file that looked to be in local coordinates and I finally found the handy tool 'Local Coordinate System Setter' and I reprojected it into state plane and almost got the CAD drawing in the correct location but it is still off by a bit and not sure what I am missing.

I've tried the Affiner tool to get the direction correct since i noticed in the CAD drawing it has _xdir_x and _ydir_y and so on.

Adding those directions into the Affiner tool, it rotated at least correctly but not quite in the right location (blue CAD, green GIS):

Is there another tool that i need to use to make it align better or at least get the CAD drawing in the exact locations?

Thanks!

2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +12

If all coordinates are off in the X and Y direction by the same distance, you could use the Offsetter to correct that.

Badge

If all coordinates are off in the X and Y direction by the same distance, you could use the Offsetter to correct that.

It's always the most simple things sometimes! Don't know how i missed that, but using offsetter and also rotator i was able to align it and then I used snapper to get it all set up. Thanks for helping me with the brain-fart.