Question

Error when adding AGOL Reader to Workspace

• 8 November 2017
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 2
Badge +17

Hello,

FME 2017.1.0.0 64-bit, FME 2017.1.1.1 64-bit / Windows 7, Windows 10

I encountered this error when adding the Esri ArcGIS Online (AGOL) Feature Service Reader to the workspace.

0684Q00000ArBxVQAV.png

Logged Message:

ArcGIS Online Feature Service Reader: Encountered an unexpected error. The error code from the server was '500' and the message was: 'Unable to get user.'. Details: 'Unable to get user.'

The Feature Service list has been retrieved correctly, but I cannot get the Layer List from any service.

The AGOL account has been provided by a client in order to test collaboration between their AGOL site and FME Server. I can access their AGOL site with the account using a web browser. The error occurs only when accessing the AGOL feature service via FME AGOL reader. (I also have my own AGOL account, and the reader can access the feature service in my AGOL site with no problem)

Question: How can I resolve the error and read the layers from the feature services?

Thanks.

1 reply

Userlevel 2
Badge +17

After a series of tests, I finally noticed that the error seems to occur when the group name contains Japanese multibyte characters :-(

Contents folder name and feature service name can contain Japanese characters. Only group name cannot contain them. @LenaAtSafe, could you please investigate about this?