Question

Tester - IN Operator - everything passes if no quotes included and hyphens present

• 22 August 2019
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +10

I'm pretty sure that when using an IN clause in the tester, a comma separated list of values could be used as long as there were no spaces, there was no need for additional quotes.

However, it looks like there is an issue with the tester - if i send a list with no quotes, everything passes!

If the quotes are required due to the presence of the hyphen, then surely the middle option should fail everything rather than pass everything?

FME 2019.1.0.0 (Build 19608 WIN32)

4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +12

It is mentioned in the documentation for the Tester.

Without the quotation the A-Z means the range from A to Z.

I have to admit this is known to me by experience, not by knowing all documentation.

Userlevel 1
Badge +10

It is mentioned in the documentation for the Tester.

Without the quotation the A-Z means the range from A to Z.

I have to admit this is known to me by experience, not by knowing all documentation.

Is it in the documentation? I've found previous answers which quote part of the documentation but can't find it in the current.

Either way, I'm not sure how the value ID-X080 is interpreted as being in the range ID to X079?

I'd expect FME to be cleverer than this, and create an error if trying to test with a range such as ID-X079? I note that you can use letters for greater than and less than too....Naturally IDZ070 is less than X079 as is WDZ070784494

Userlevel 2
Badge +12

Is it in the documentation? I've found previous answers which quote part of the documentation but can't find it in the current.

Either way, I'm not sure how the value ID-X080 is interpreted as being in the range ID to X079?

I'd expect FME to be cleverer than this, and create an error if trying to test with a range such as ID-X079? I note that you can use letters for greater than and less than too....Naturally IDZ070 is less than X079 as is WDZ070784494

You are right. Can't find it in the current version of the Tester documentation. I am sure it used to be in there.

Userlevel 2
Badge +12

Found this in the Tester Help: