Question

Intersection of two lines

Badge

So I'm trying to intersect this centerline data with parcel data to return the length of the parcel line from the centerline to the edge of the property. In areas where none of the parcels intersect each other there is no issue however when parcels do intersect my length measures get split due to the self intersection that is going on. I've attached some sample data as a go by.

So I'm basically trying to figure out how to intersect the polygons turned into lines (desired output) via chopper based only on where the centerline cuts through the parcel line(s).

3 replies

Badge +2

@jlgvii Thanks for including the sample data and workspace.

Can you confirm what you need on the output. Do you need the length of the centerline to the property boundary, or the length of the line within the property. Perhaps you could show what you need on the data you included:

It seems to me you might be looking for the LineOnAreaOverlayer

Badge

@jlgvii Thanks for including the sample data and workspace.

Can you confirm what you need on the output. Do you need the length of the centerline to the property boundary, or the length of the line within the property. Perhaps you could show what you need on the data you included:

It seems to me you might be looking for the LineOnAreaOverlayer

Sorry if my original post wasn't very clear. But here are the measures I'm trying to get on the property lines.

Badge +2

@jlgvii adding a SpatialFilter (Toouches) to your workspace will give you what you need. Except - your parcels have gaps & overlaps so that needs to be cleaned up with a snapper.

Revised workspace (FME 2019.2): propertymeasures.fmwt