Question

what is the difference between group elements by Geometry and Schema numbers in properties of bentley v7

• 25 January 2020
  • 1 reply

Badge +13

Hello Guys ,

i am misunderstanding this point ,i hope some one explain to me

what is the difference between group elements by Geometry and Schema numbers

i mean when i choose geometry i got lines feature seperately but when i do schema level names i do not have same feature type lines or another names as geometry

i have lots of numbers and when i connect with inspector ,what i got from schema numbers i could not find the same amount numbers that i knew it before from lines (Geometry)

what is important for me ,lines and polygon too find intersection but when i extract geometry , polygon collections what i got from geometry it seemly not working or misunderstand for me,bcs when i connect with inspector i see nothing so i was thinking to try something else as schema numbers

iam totally new in program but iam still trying and i hope someone guide me ,how to find intersection betwen line and polygon from dgn file .

somethinfg else i want to know,

what is linkage extraction should i mark it or not.

Thanks in advance

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +25

That's pretty much it: grouping by geometry gives you a feature type for each type of geometry found in the file: points, lines, polygons and so on. The other options group by level name or number.

By the sound of it, and your other recent questions, you'll probably want to group by geometry.