Question

How to use parameters for cell range in Excel reader ?

• 26 February 2019
  • 3 replies

Badge

Hi,

I have to read Excel files with FME 2017 but the first column of the table can be at different position in each file.

(but there are always the same number of columns)

So, I'm searching a way to link the first column position to a published parameter like the screenshot attached (which doesn't work...).

I can't believe that with such a powerful soft like FME we can not do this...

Thank you for any help !

Christian

3 replies

Badge

Do you wish to read a set of specific set of rows with the same set of column names each time at different places in the sheets?

Userlevel 3
Badge +13

Hi @christian_b What would the schema look like for those dynamic feature types? For now, filter out the unwanted rows and columns with a Tester after reading the sheet. Please post this idea at https://knowledge.safe.com/content/idea/list.html

Badge

Hi @DanAtSafe, thank you for your answer but sorry I don't understand your question.

The table I want to extract is always composed of 4 columns: id, date1, date2, value.

But at the left of this table, there is always another table whose column number can be variant.

Thanks for the idea of the tester but how to configure the Excel reader the first time to tell him to get all filled columns that exists in the input file ?