Solved

Use tiler on a state boundary to build equal squares using map scale to calculate my width/height parameters for the Tiler

• 29 August 2019
  • 3 replies

Badge +10

I have a state boundary and I want to use a map scale as a parameter to calculate the Tile width and Tile height (ground units) as attributes for the Tiler.

Given a coordinate system, how do I calculate that width and height of that bounding box at a scale of 1:100 using an Expression Evaluator? Then do it again for the next scales 1:500, 1:1000, etc.

icon

Best answer by virtualcitymatt 29 August 2019, 12:43

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +26

BoundingBoxReplacer to get the box of the original unscaled state boundary > Scaler to scale the box to the arrpopriate scale > BoundsExtractor to get corners > ExpressionEvaluator to calculate diff bewtween max and mins.

Badge +10

My premise was wrong but the solution is right. I need the relative spatial extent of the data and not really view extent. I can't have a map or display scale if I don't pick my map or display size. The number that I type in the scaler parameter became a number to make my tiles smaller or bigger.

I'm sharing my solution in case some else may have a need for it. The default Scaler parameter is set to 1 right now.

Thanks.

pyramid_tiler.fmwt

Userlevel 4
Badge +26

My premise was wrong but the solution is right. I need the relative spatial extent of the data and not really view extent. I can't have a map or display scale if I don't pick my map or display size. The number that I type in the scaler parameter became a number to make my tiles smaller or bigger.

I'm sharing my solution in case some else may have a need for it. The default Scaler parameter is set to 1 right now.

Thanks.

pyramid_tiler.fmwt

Thanks for sharing!