Solved

Excel Reader: Selecting a single attribute to expose results in all attributes to be exposed [BUG?]

• 2 December 2019
  • 6 replies

Badge

Hi all,

I'm facing a problem while adding an Excel Reader to my workspace:

Adding Excel Reader - I'm selecting only one attribute to be exposed:

When the Reader is brought into the workspace all attributes are exposed:

Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?

I'm using FME(R) 2019.1.2.0 (20190829 - Build 19630 - WIN64) but I've noticed this on older versions as well.

Cheers,

Eduard

icon

Best answer by markatsafe 2 December 2019, 17:56

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +19

I have also had this problem in FME 2018

Badge

I get the same result as you in 2019.2. But it still works fine to edit the reader afterwards and change the list of exposed attributes. Then it sticks and gives the expected result.

Badge

I get the same result as you in 2019.2. But it still works fine to edit the reader afterwards and change the list of exposed attributes. Then it sticks and gives the expected result.

That's true. But still it is annoying having to expose your attributes twice as the first time when importing the Excel Reader it doesn't work.

Badge

That's true. But still it is annoying having to expose your attributes twice as the first time when importing the Excel Reader it doesn't work.

Yep, agreed. (The obvious workaround is of course to not do it the first time. :-D )

Badge +2

@edhere This is definitely something we should clean-up. We've added the issue to our problem database.

As suggested by @danullen for now edit the schema in the feature types, not the reader parameters.

Badge

Hi Mark,

Thanks for looking into this.

Best,

Eduard