Solved

DATA VALIDATION IN EXCEL WITH DYNAMIC SCHEMAS

Good Morning,

I am rather new to FME (RATHER). I have schemas and data coming for the next months, almost every day, in excel. EVERY TIME SCHEMAS WILL BE DIFFERENT (INCLUDING THE NUMBER OF FIELDS). My goal is to open a CSV file, explode the attributes (I think is the way to call it) and go from there validating each one. I need to test the length, not nulls, ASCII content (0-9, A-Z, a-z).

For many I know is a walk in the park. For my is going ascending to the everest.

Thanks a lot i advance.

icon

Best answer by takashi 24 May 2020, 14:24

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +17

Will the schema definition as shown in your screenshot also be provided as an Excel sheet every time?

If you would post a sample dataset including the schema definition table, it could help us to understand you requirement correctly.

Will the schema definition as shown in your screenshot also be provided as an Excel sheet every time?

If you would post a sample dataset including the schema definition table, it could help us to understand you requirement correctly.

arckt_schema.xlsxYes Takashi, and Thank You so much for the help...!!!

In that example there are only three fields or column names but I will be having about 64 column names in some tables.

Thanks again.arckt_data.xlsx

Userlevel 2
Badge +17

Hi @dkus2001, thanks for sharing the sample dataset. This workflow tests all the column values and detect ones that don't match one or more of the three constraints - text length, nullable, and only ascii.

Hope this helps.

Hi @dkus2001, thanks for sharing the sample dataset. This workflow tests all the column values and detect ones that don't match one or more of the three constraints - text length, nullable, and only ascii.

Hope this helps.

Takashi, Good Morning. Thanks a lot for your posting. Thank you so so much for your time..!! Would it be possible to have the FME file to learn from it looking at the options ? For the purposes of learning as I am learning the basics.?

Thanks a lot again...!!!

Userlevel 2
Badge +17

Hope this helps.

This is a workspace example: data-validation-example.fmwt (FME 2020.0.2)

Takashi

Again. A Million Thanks..!!

STAY SAFE..!! You are a brilliant mind..!!

Once more thank you...!!! (Maybe it is Greek thing to be endless grateful :-)

I learned so much from your answer...