Question

SharePoint reader FME 2020 error retrieving list of lists

So today I learned about how to use webservices and connect to a SharePoint online list using my organization credentials.

Regular old SAML wasn't cutting it so I had to use the WebService feature of FME.

I created a new template by replacing the [tenant] with the subdomain to which I was trying to connect.  And everything went swell, I authenticated successfully and the connection saved.

Then I went and created a new workspace with a new reader for the SharePoint reader.

0684Q00000ArC75QAF.jpg

The good news is that the authentication went successfully.

The bad news is that when I then clicked on the ellipsis to select the list, it didn't work. 

Updating access token for 'NewConnectionFromWebServiceTemplate'
Microsoft SharePoint List Reader: Client-side error: '401 Client Error: Unauthorized for url: https://subdomain.sharepoint.com/sites/subSite/_api/web/Lists?%24select=Title%2CId&%24filter=Hidden+eq+false' returned from SharePoint. Error message was: ''

OK Fine I've permissions to authenticate against the site but not to view the list of lists how disappointing.  I guess I'll just see what happens when I take the URL and paste it into a browser.

Wait, that works?  How peculiar?

So here's the question.  What am I missing that my user can list the Lists through the API, but can't retrieve the list of Lists through FME?

0 replies

Be the first to reply!