Question

The AttributeExploder transformer seemingly exposes nonexisting list attributes when newly added to the canvas (using the default settings with Exploding Type = 'Features' instead of list)

• 15 January 2020
  • 1 reply
  • 1 view

Badge +3

The AttributeExploder transformer exposes nonexisting list attributes when newly added to the canvas (using the default settings with Exploding Type = 'Features' instead of list)

For this transformer I would guess that the Exploding Type would regulate which features should be exposed at the output port. I.e. using the default names (_attr_list, _attr_name, _attr_value);

Choosing the Exploding Type = 'Features' should only expose the attributes '_attr_name' and '_attr_value', while choosing the Exploding Type = 'List' should only expose the list attributes _attr_list{}._attr_name and _attr_list{}._attr_value.

This is only not the case when the transformer is newly added to the canvas, but is the case when the Exploding Type attribute is altered... Furthermore, I would guess that when the Exploding Type is set to features the Attribute Name/Value Label field should be greyed out, similar to how the List Name field is greyed out when the Exploding Type is set to Features. See also the following;

0_AttributeExploder_newlyAddedToCanvas;

1_AttributeExploder_ChangeExplodingTypeToList;

2_AttributeExploder_ChangeExplodingTypeToListAndBackToFeatures;

Peculiarly when the transformer is newly added to the canvas (item 0), internally the list attributes don't pop up;

However, in workbench they are being picked up;

Can someone maybe explain me what is happening here?

1 reply

Badge +8

Hi @thijsknapen,

Thanks for bringing this issue up, it appears to be a GUI regression, and I have filed an internal issue to get this fixed