Question

feature reader exposing published parameter but it's empty

Badge

I'm posting a new question since part of my question was answered. The workbench uses published parameters for selecting the files to input $(SourceDataset_DGN or DWG). There is a feature reader for dwg and a feature reader for dgn, each pointing to the correct dataset. In both feature readers, the <Generic> port attributes to expose are: $(SourceDataset_DGN or DWG), $(Project) typed in as a parameter, fme_feature_type, fme_basename_, fme_text_string, fme_dataset, and fme_geometry. All seven attribute fields are created but only fme_feature_type and fme_text_string are populated with data, all of the other fields (except geometry which I get) show "missing". I am getting the fme_dataset for the DGN reader but not anything else. Takashi recommended a FileNamePartExtractor transformer after the DWG reader but still nothing. I think nothing else is populating because there is a problem with converting the parameter information since not even the $SourceDataset has any information. It creates the geometry but is not extracting the metadata. This picture is after the AttributeManager.

2 replies

Badge +2

Hi @tsurveyor,

It looks like your previous thread addresses the issue filed as FMEENGINE-10342 but have you tried using a ParameterFetcher to populate the table with the parameter values? This will add an attribute to the feature, supplying it the value of a previously published parameter.

Badge

Hi @tsurveyor,

It looks like your previous thread addresses the issue filed as FMEENGINE-10342 but have you tried using a ParameterFetcher to populate the table with the parameter values? This will add an attribute to the feature, supplying it the value of a previously published parameter.

Hi @chrisatsafe

Thank you for the suggestion, but not quite. That gives me an attribute but I also want to save my output using one of the published parameters; user input for project name. So I have a parameter called $Project. I can fetch it but it is not using the parameter in the file name. Also, your example gives me the dataset but how about the fme_basename. The path is irrelevant since I am uploading to a server and then deleting, but the basename is valuable. The parameterfetcher won't recognize fme-basename since it's not a user parameter.