Question

Markdown in custom paragraph in MSWordStyler

• 16 May 2018
  • 1 reply

Badge

I'm using a series of MSWordStylers to layout a Word document. It has multiple paragraphs and some of the paragraphs have sentences or words in bold.

The rendered output:

The custom paragraph option allows me to specify the font and font size and the option to use markdown to bold specific parts of the paragraph as required. However, I can't seem to use both markdown and custom fonts at the same time. The paragraph using markdown defaults to the default font, in this case Cambria, and doesn't match the rest of the document. The words and sentences marked up in markdown are rendered correctly though. So markdown is working correctly on the structure but the transformer is losing the presentation settings. A bug? A feature? Anyone else confirm this?

I'm using FME 2018.0.0.3.

1 reply

Userlevel 3
Badge +17

Hi @mixedbredie

Are you using a template file in your writer? If not, it may be easier to use a template Word file. You can easily set your output document style settings (please see this page for instructions on how to change the default font). Using a template file also seems to avoid the font change behaviour you are seeing.