Question

Projection Issue

• 12 June 2019
  • 2 replies

Badge +9

Hello all,

I am having a problem with the projection being stored against the output features.

I am reading in a DWG file, setting the projection to EPSG:28354 and then writing to PostGIS.

In the workbench it is showing the correct projection but if I display in data inspector or in QGIS, no projection is being stored with output data.

The above image is within workbench (2019) and the coordinate system as expected.

In Data Inspector the coordinate system against the selected feature is "Unknown"

Is there something additional that I need to do to get the projection to be stored with the output data?

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Dean

2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +17

Hi @deanhowell2009

Are you creating a new table or writing to an existing one? I think the coordinate system may be a table setting, and so would have to be set when the table is created.

Badge +9

Hi @deanhowell2009

Are you creating a new table or writing to an existing one? I think the coordinate system may be a table setting, and so would have to be set when the table is created.

Thanks @daveatsafe, I did manage to get it working using a combination of the coordinate system setting and variable creator and then using the variable retriever to set the projection where needed.