Question

While FME Workspace fail bring attribute value using FMEServerJobSubmitter

• 3 February 2019
  • 3 replies

Dear All,

I have three workbenches,

First one is for taking backup data and Second one is to check the value of one field with two cases and published in FME server.

Third workbench is for to run above workbenches in sequences using FMEServerJobSubmitter transformer.

My query is second workbench Status attribute value need to bring into Third Workbench when second workbench failed through FMEServerJobSubmitter Failed port.

Please advice to achieve this task.

Second workbench

Third Workbench

Thanks in advance

Venu

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +25

You can hook up another FMEServerJobSubmitter to the Failed port of the first one to run a workspace that checks for the status value and then takes the appropriate action.

You can hook up another FMEServerJobSubmitter to the Failed port of the first one to run a workspace that checks for the status value and then takes the appropriate action.

I am using third workbench for FMEServerJobSubmitter to get failure message as from Attribute value from workspace

Userlevel 4
Badge +25

I am using third workbench for FMEServerJobSubmitter to get failure message as from Attribute value from workspace

In the 2nd workspace write that message to a file or database, read it again in the 3rd workspace and take the appropriate action.

Alternatively you can set a termination message in the Terminator, that will be passed on to the third workspace through the _failure_message on the WorkspaceRunner's Failed port. The message does contain a bit more information than what you're specifying so you'll have to dig for it.