Solved

DWG and DGN reader not exposing fme_basename and published parameter

• 19 June 2019
  • 4 replies

Badge

I am reading into my workbench both dwg and dgn files using two feature readers. I am able to expose the fme_dataset for the dgn file by using an attributeExposer transformer, but the fme_dataset will not be exposed for the dwg files. I am able to get the fme_feature_type and fme_text_string for each FeatureReader. But I want to add the file name (fme_basename) as an attribute to each feature so I know what file it came from. Things I have tried:

• separate AttributeExposer transformers for each FeatureReader
  • The same AttributeExposer transformers for both FeatureReaders
  • Adding fme_basename to the <Generic> Port, along with $(SourceDataset_DWG)
  • checking all of the needed options in Reader > Parameters > Schema Attributes

When I open the inspector after the Exposer, all of the attribute fields are there but the values are empty. All of this information (file name, project name) comes from published user parameters. How can I add the value for these user parameters into my features table.

I am using FME Desktop ESRI Edi

icon

Best answer by takashi 19 June 2019, 04:14

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +17

Unfortunately it's a known bug (C145588, FMEENGINE-10342) on the FeatureReader + DWG reader, which has not been resolved in FME 2019.0.2 yet.

A possible workaround in the interim is: after reading, use the FilenamePartExtractor to extract the file name without extension from the source file path and assign it to "fme_basename".

@danatsafe, please attach this case to the problem report.

Userlevel 3
Badge +13

Unfortunately it's a known bug (C145588, FMEENGINE-10342) on the FeatureReader + DWG reader, which has not been resolved in FME 2019.0.2 yet.

A possible workaround in the interim is: after reading, use the FilenamePartExtractor to extract the file name without extension from the source file path and assign it to "fme_basename".

@danatsafe, please attach this case to the problem report.

@takashi Done!

Userlevel 2
Badge +17

@takashi Done!

@danatsafe, thanks!

Badge +1

The bug is still not addressed in FME 2023.1