Solved

How to see boundaries traslation from .osm

• 3 February 2020
  • 8 replies
  • 1 view

Badge +3

Hello,

If I load a file .osm downloaded from OSM in Qgis I can see in the table all traslation present for admin boundaries.

I tried to do the same in FME but I am not able to see these attributes.

Sombody can help me to understand how to do?

Thanks

Max

this is what I see in Qgis and what I would see in FME.

icon

Best answer by geomax 4 February 2020, 13:46

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +25

Just out of curiousity, if you open the file in the FME Data Inspector and check the table view, do you see those attributes?

Badge +3

Just out of curiousity, if you open the file in the FME Data Inspector and check the table view, do you see those attributes?

Hello,

no. and I don't understand why.

Max

Userlevel 5
Badge +25

Hello,

no. and I don't understand why.

Max

Can you post a screenshot? And maybe share the data here?

Badge +3

Hello,

the file that I am using is too big to attach. I'm working on Hamburg and I dowloaded the file from geofabrik server.

I downloaded another file with the same schema.

I tried also to load data using the .xml schema present in FME folder but I have the same result.

I can see many attributes except the languages.

Thanks for your help.

Max

osm.zip

Userlevel 5
Badge +25

Hello,

the file that I am using is too big to attach. I'm working on Hamburg and I dowloaded the file from geofabrik server.

I downloaded another file with the same schema.

I tried also to load data using the .xml schema present in FME folder but I have the same result.

I can see many attributes except the languages.

Thanks for your help.

Max

osm.zip

Aha!

So what happens is that FME doesn't show all of the columns available in the data model by default, because there's so many of them.

In the Data Inspector you can click on the columns button in the table view and select which columns are visible.

In the FME Workbench you'll need to use an AttributeExposer to show the attributes, you'll have to manually enter the exact attribute name there.

Badge +3

Hi,

thanks for the answer, but I have still doubts. I tryied the attribute exposer without result.

Attached what I see. Probably do I some error during the loading of the dataset?

I move the dataset directly from the folder into the FME canvas and choose Openstreetmap (OSM) XML without other setting. Is it correct?

Thanks

Max

2020-02-04_16-40-32.jpg2020-02-04_16-43-01.jpg

Userlevel 5
Badge +25

Hi,

thanks for the answer, but I have still doubts. I tryied the attribute exposer without result.

Attached what I see. Probably do I some error during the loading of the dataset?

I move the dataset directly from the folder into the FME canvas and choose Openstreetmap (OSM) XML without other setting. Is it correct?

Thanks

Max

2020-02-04_16-40-32.jpg2020-02-04_16-43-01.jpg

Yes, it's the OpenStreetMap XML format and it looks like you're on the right path for the AttributeExposer. The way you've set it up will expose the name:en attribute.

However, if you add a reader for the dataset it's probably better to select the individual feature types option. That'll give you a bit more control.

Badge +3

Yes, it's the OpenStreetMap XML format and it looks like you're on the right path for the AttributeExposer. The way you've set it up will expose the name:en attribute.

However, if you add a reader for the dataset it's probably better to select the individual feature types option. That'll give you a bit more control.

Hello,

I understood what you mean.

Thanks for your support.

Max