Question

Finding isolated edges

Badge
Hi there, I'd like to know the simplest way of identifying isolated edges based on different attribute values. See the attached image for an example:

So in essence, I'd like to identify all edges where my attribute is valued as "Y".

Thanks,

5 replies

Badge +3
Im not sure if i understand the question but is it not just a tester to test for the value?

Or are ther more criteria that identifies it as "isolated"?

To me, an isolated edge would be an edge that does not share a (partial)boundary with another object.

In that case u can use  a spatialrelator to find them  with a list. The list will have only one (ID) entry for that object.
Badge
Hi Gio,

Yes, sorry for the lack of clarity. I think I just missed a section a typed for the question. A more accurate description would be all scenarios where an edge with attribute "Y" either connects to nothing, or only connects to edges with attribute “X”.

That’s what I mean with isolated, in the sense that it’s not part of a network of “Y” attribute edges, but instead a loose segement that either connects to only “X” attribute edges, or nothing at all.

Hope that makes more sense, and sorry for the original post's limited information.

Userlevel 4
Hi

Have at look at the TopologyBuilder and/or the NetworkTopologyCalculator (check for _network_id), in particular using the Group By clause on your attribute.

David
Badge +3
using a spatiarelator with intersect criteria and a _list seems sufficient.

Test for attribute = Y.

On the Passed port check the list if it there is any Y in it, for instance with a ListSearcher. Notfound port will yield your result.

Userlevel 2
Badge +17
Hi Robbie,

I think it's enough that you think of Y edges only. For example:

Send all the Y edges to a NetworkTopoloyCalculator and connect a Mathcer with this parameter setting.

- Match Geometry: NONE

- Attribute Matching Strategy: Match Selected Attributes

- Selected Attributes: _network_id

The "isolated" edges will be output from the NotMatched port.

Takashi